Khalsa College Sen. Sec. School is that institution under the Khalsa College Governing Council which was established on February 22, 1890 and keeps its own place in society at present. After foundation ceremony of Khalsa College on March 5, 1892, a prayer ceremony was organized with a vast gathering on October 23, 1893 at Late Rai Bahadur Pandit Bihari Lal house near Hall gate /Gandhi gate. On the very first day, nine students got admitted in it out of which the first three belonged to different religions. Sh. Mohan Singh ji was the first head master appointed followed by Sh. Lahina Singh ji. By March 31, 1896 the school strength reached to 297 students with 17 teachers. On October 19, 1896, the school was shifted from Hall gate to the present location in the premises of Khalsa College, Amritsar; where there is office of the governing council. In 1896, the school was upgraded from Middle to High level. For about 62 years, the school remained near the main college and in 1958 the classes were started in the present location.